Pages

Today's realization

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 
Firstly as I await a meeting with my school's librarian I have become to realize quite a few things about myself, the world, the youth of america, my fellow students and nature. (I know it seems like quite a lot for a short period of time but I figure well, why not think about substantial things instead of hohum redundant things like poor programming and ridiculous name calling...) Anyways in brief, below are the realizations in no particular order/


-while I drive, I often think of my mother. My thoughts stream of her while happy, cooking, discussing an important topic and stressing how important school and education is (specifically from Ms/HS/college)

-today's youth I feel have fallen into the grips of social media as if oxygen is being depleted on our planet. More traditional means of communication are lacking and this is in part as to why many areas of our society are "out of sync" or "lacking in morals. ethics. etc"

-somewhere, somehow ppl are becoming worse drivers. now I know what you're thinking, but maybe car crashes are down. that's the safety features and the increase of enhanced technologies in our motor vehicles, it makes henry ford proud. which then leads to....

- why are we so distracted these days? i mean aside from the apps, social programs, the updates and tweets and the statuses and poking and messaging that we encounter every nanosecond i often wonder, have we forgotten what it's like to look up? check out the clouds rolling by. see the leaves changing colors. the birds migrating south. the winds becoming crisper on our skin.


again.....it's just a thought.
have you had an original, uninterrupted one lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Note to Self. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online