Pages

To breathe a sigh of relief....

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 
I waited about 10 agonizing minutes when I got my paper last night at class. After stressing out, losing sleep, staying up until 3am the day before, looking up websites to help me write a paper, trying write out all my thoughts on paper and then typing them into Word. It works for me, as it turns out to do this process. I never realized it before but it did this time around. Then for the past week or so I've been having printing issues at home with the laser printer. It was fixed the night before. I printed a a things and thought all was well. Karmically speaking, of course. I finish typing my paper around 230 pm. I race to print around 235 to 245pm. There is a horrid error on the machine. With no progress. I literally jump in and out of the shower and toss everything into my car and race to school. It's about an hour's drive give or take traffic and this day I barely remember how I made it though without getting into an accident. I get to the library and see a classmate who is also printing. Luckily, I had emailed it to myself as well as save it on a stick but email was super fast for me on this occassion. I open, print and exhale finally about 5 to 5. On my race walk over I realize that the pdf format neglects my page numbers but at this point I didn't care, I'll redo it when I hand it in again in a week or so. *shrugs*

Of course, we are required to print out the information we need before class. Ha, I laugh internally. What a joke today is. I couldn't win but I didn't care because I got my paper done and I'm sure there are parts of it that are good right?

Fast forward to me flipping through the pages about to check out my grade.....
I was getting that sickly feeling in my stomach where I know that I failed and have to just suck it up and deal and make something better the next time around....when I see nothing but check marks all over my text. Then on the scoring rubric....I see a 20. No way. I got an A!?! Hooray for me!

Then.
My Balloon deflates.

Teacher A. Mbiguous says that she thought all the papers were good and that she enjoyed reading them. However she then adds that she had graded them leniently and that the next time she would not be so lenient. She also said that we still need to follow the rubric and be sure that we cover all the information there.

So what you're trying to say Teacher A.Mbigous is that I really didn't get an A afterall??
Huh? *scratch head and have puzzled face*

Either way. I'm going to enjoy this moment for a little while longer. At least until the next paper is due.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Note to Self. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online