Pages

When the sore thumb that sticks out is really a pickle

Sunday, March 13, 2011 
Have you ever seen the bit on "Sesame Street" when they sing "one of these things, is not like    the other?"          

Seriously! I mean, when has it ever not been the truth!

Scene:
I was walking thru the market the other day, minding my own business, strolling along, whistling
and I turned down the dairy aisle, I was heading for the milk. I had spent the day in the library so I hadn't interacted with many people (if you count a blog a person, well that's another post entirely) but I had spotted two grocery stock boys working in the dairy section. I grab a loaf of bread. I laugh OUT LOUD and thought of...
My mother and I used to laugh at this because it was so hard to forget, hence the purpose OF the clip. In my own humor, I smile and turn around and start making the trek to the check out area and a flash happens. Instinctively I grab my phone as if there was an important message that came from the flash in text form that I had to read. I look up and realize that I was alone in the aisle.

::::POOF!:::::

Everyone was gone. No stock boys. No other customers. No store jingly-music. No other ambient sounds. Just drowning quiet. Odd, I thought. I shrug and keep moving. I finally see a woman walking up to me and she's strolling as if she's in the park checking out the birds. When she reaches me she says, "I hate it when that happens!"

Stunned by her oddness and her buoyancy of being in a shop to witness said flash (which to clarify, was actually a brief power outage) which she of course has witnessed before. Her exuberance made me conjure a partial smile and I almost said "you've lost it lady" but I pick up the pace and then I had my final realization.

1-Don't go grocery shopping alone. Always go in pairs.
2-Your phone does not have all the answers even if some ppl are glued to them like another appendage.
3-Sesame street tunes are classics! none of this recent garbage. I mean the oldies are goodies!
4- Regionally speaking, the natives here are odd. Just plain odd. They are on their own ferris wheel that keeps going round and round and no one gets on and no one can get off.

I wish there was more to explain, but I couldn't. The ferris wheel analogy really does do it for me I think.......


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Note to Self. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online