Pages

Ode to a marshmallow

Friday, December 2, 2011 

Tis true they say,
the puff'd white friend,
cometh best when the days grow long.

It be in three sizes,
wee, big and grand,
all of which taste best with cocoa.

The secret of this friend,
quiet, smooshy and light,
when dropped in the steaming hot drink...

it sinks, it melts, its frothy gooey-like layers my drink and disguises the cocoa below.

My stirring spoon creates wispy cumulonimbus marshy clouds in my mug as my fingertips get warmed to the touch.

I stop and question, "Why then do I recall only receiving like 5 mini marshmallows in my mug when I was a kid? Was there a shortage?"

It is clear, that as an adult I am now making up for all those weakened cups of cocoa that went without.

Happy Sipping.......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Note to Self. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by Simply WP | Solitaire Online